I'm starting to get the itch to get out and play in the garden. Other than the fact that it is cold, blustery, and there is still snow and ice on the ground, I could go right out and start looking for little planties. However, it IS cold and blustery, and there IS still snow and ice on the ground, so I have had to content myself with starting little seedlings to try our own bedding plants.
Last weekend, we got the seed heat mat put together. This weekend, we bought seeds so we could start sprouting them. After the seeds sprout and get a couple of sets of real leaves, we'll transfer them to little plant cups, and keep them on the heat mat. Then we will put them under a grow-light so they won't get all tall and spindly. I hope it works well. We've tried planting seedlings before, and not had much success. This time we're going to try doing it with the right equipment.
We planted jalapenos, yellow hots, orange bell peppers, and two kinds of tomatoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment