Monday, March 11, 2013

Sons of the Pioneers!

Last Tuesday, Susan and I went to a "Sons of the Pioneers," concert at the El Morro.  It was great (at least I thought so--Susan thought it was agony)!  That is the group that Roy Rogers started 79 years ago!  It has been going on that long.  They said that when someone retires, the group has a tough audition process.  They try to choose an incoming member whose voice and musical abilities matches the outgoing member as closely as possible to keep the group's sound as close to the original sound as possible.

My dad and I used to lay on the living room floor at night and put records on the stereo and just listen.  Cowboy music was some of our favorite to listen to (not the same thing as country/western), so this concert brought back lots of memories!


Talk about a great show!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment