Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's the Dad's Birthday - July 29!

The dad turned 52 on July 29!  It was Sunday.  We had a pleasant day.  We went to church.  We came home.  We made lunch.  We ate lunch.  We took a nap.  We made dinner.  We ate dinner.  We had birthday pie and presents!

Susan got dad a cd--Hovhaness-And God Created Whales.  He's liked this a lot since his All-State days back in high school.

Bill and Sonia Myers send him this for his "Man Cave", which is the rocking chair and TV in our bedroom.

This was his present from me.  It's a solar oven.  I didn't get a good picture of the oven itself.  The reflective panels kept reflecting.

We made seafood sensation sandwiches on homemade pitas for the birthday dinner!

The birthday cheesecake looks lovely, but it was a flop.  It didn't set up.  I used a recipe for a food storage cheesecake that I got at a Relief Society meeting on using powdered milk.  The pie that Sister Merrill made was delicious.  I'm not sure what I did wrong.  It never did set up.  It was more like cheesecake soup.  It tasted good, though.

1 comment: