Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Last Weekend!

This weekend, we picked our first zucchini of the season.  It's a bute!  So far, we've eaten lots of lettuce and chard from the garden, and this is our first zucchini.  We haven't eaten it yet.  We're waiting until it has a friend to go with it.  I'm sure it will be tasty and delicious!

Does this look like a hospital bracelet to you?  Well, it is!  Early Saturday morning, Susan came in to me in a lot of pain in her lower abdomen.  I told her to try sitting on the pot to see if that would help.  I decided I better go in the bathroom with her just in case.  I'm glad I did.  She went rigid, passed out, and fell off the pot!  The dad came in.  He gave her a blessing.  (She had come to by then.)  I packed her in the car and took her to the ER.  I thought it could be her appendix.  We found out  after four hours and an ultra-sound, that Susan had a cyst on her ovaries that burst.  The doctor said it wasn't dangerous, but painful enough to cause her to black out.  She has another large cyst on her other ovary that could burst, sometime, too.  If it does, we will at least know what the trouble is, and we won't panic.

The doctor told Susan to take it kind of easy for a couple of days.  This is Susan taking it easy.

When she had taken it easy long enough, she made us pork roulade for dinner.  It not only looks beautiful.... it was delicious!   Good news for us... there are leftovers!

We like to read chapter books in the evenings sometimes.  We've moved out of juvenile novels into... Mr. Monk in Trouble.  I like the Monk novels.  I think I have them all.  They almost read like an episode of Monk.  They are easy to read and don't require much deep thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm so glad Susan is OK. My high school band teacher had ovarian cysts rupture every so often and would be in debilitating pain. She refused to take it easy. I hope it doesn't happen again :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan! Good thing your mom listens to the spirit and peeks in on you in the bathroom! :) I would not have wanted to see you konked out with a big goose egg on your head! Lesson: Don't lock the door to the bathroom when you don't feel good...

    ReplyDelete