We celebrated our thirty-fifth anniversary on our Temple weekend. On Friday night, we went to an Isotopes game. That was a fun way to celebrate!
 |
| I love the photo bomber behind us! |
 |
| There's a Community Center that we walk past when we walk from our hotel to Isotopes Park. It has huge prickly pears that have huge tunas (the red fruit) on them. As per tradition, we on the way back to the hotel after the game, we stopped by and picked a bunch of the tunas for Prickly Pear Jelly. It's not that we love the jelly--we just like the adventure! |
On Saturday morning, we went and worked our Temple Shift. What a great way to start the day!
 |
| On the way home, we stopped at Laguna Pueblo and had a "World Famous Laguna Burger!" It was a good burger, but I will have to say that we make a really good green chile cheeseburger at home, that may even be better than a Laguna Burger! |
 |
| We got home, and the dad set up his rig to burn the little spines off the prickly pear fruit. |
 |
| On Sunday, after chuch, we made Bipenbap. I'm quite sure I didn't spell that right, but it sure tasted good! |
 |
| On Monday, we made jelly from the Prickly Pear juice. |
 |
| I will have to say that Prickly Pear makes one beautiful jelly! |
 |
| It was time to harvest our grapes! |
 |
| These were the vines we bought to decorate at Brian's and Chelsea's wedding. |
 |
| This was our biggest harvest yet! We made grape jam with some of them! |
 |
| This is pure sadness. We had left the garage waterbathing set up in the garage after we did the Prickly Pear jelly so we could use it the next evening with the grape jam. When I got home from work, I totally forgot about that, and I ran over he burner. Sad day. |
 |
| I wasn't sure where to stick this picture, but this is me looking through a filter at the eclipse. Here in Gallup, it was only about 70% complete, but it was still pretty cool! |
No comments:
Post a Comment