Even though we had only been in school three-and-a-half weeks, I was so ready for the Labor Day Weekend! And this one was not a disappointment, except for the fact that Brian wasn't able to join us. He got the shingles again, and after a few days he developed a terrible outbreak all over his body that was itchy, itchy, itchy. He was worried that with Chelsea's being pregnant, she and David needed to be away from him until they found out if the whole business could be dangerous to the unborn baby. So he sent Chelsea and David our way, and he stayed home and went back to the doctor. It turns out that David and Chelsea were fine, but Brian probably needed more rest than he would have had if his family was home. I'm not exactly sure he rested, but as his mom, I can hope.
 |
| The mystery rash (which turned out to be a reaction to the shingles medication). |
 |
| Shingles |
 |
| Helping Grandad pick grapes. |
 |
| This little guy ate a boatload of grapes all by himself. The diaper later... |
 |
Eating a root beer bar and swinging at the same time--what could be better than that?
|
 |
| Helping grandad pick cucumbers. |
 |
| Grandad gave David a haircut. |
 |
| I couldn't believe how still and cooperative David was the whole time. |
 |
| Not one squawk! |
 |
| David and Grandad are getting the sandbox ready! |
 |
| Friday night pizza and a movie. Tonight we watched Chuggington. Gripping. |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Playing Washoos. |
 |
| Picking the rest of the grapes. |
 |
| Newlyweds! |
 |
| More Washoos. |
 |
| Making and drinking Italian Sodas! |
 |
| Just like his daddy at that age. |
 |
| David loves his Grandad! |
 |
| Picking tomatoes with Sue! |
 |
| David LOVES tomatoes! |
 |
| We went fishing. I caught two fish with one cast! (That's about all I caught.) |
 |
| David loves to be read to. |
 |
| On Monday morning, we went on a hike on a trail we hadn't been to before. I'm not sure if it even has a name, but it was back behind the Pantry, near the paintball course. |
 |
| We picked up Breakfast Burritos from Blake's before we left on our adventure. |
 |
| We loved having family here for the weekend. It sure seemed quiet after they all left! It was a good weekend! |
"Gripping." Bahahahaha. :D
ReplyDelete