Monday, April 6, 2015

We've Been Busy!

Since Daylight Savings Time has kicked in, and it's lighter at night now, we've been spending quite a bit of time dinking around outside.  Since we had out trees taken out, we haven't had anyplace to hook up our clothes line, and I really like having a clothesline in warmer weather.  I love the way clean sheets and towels feel and smell when they've been dried on a clothesline.  Well, the Dad loves me.  He thought about it for awhile and figured out a good solution.  

He moved the posts around on whatever-this-thing-is called, which by the way, wasn't all that easy.  He rigged up a vice on a car jack and pumped it right out of the ground!  He actually broke the vice in the process, though.  We would up pulling it out the last little bit by hand.

Each of the clothesline lengths is different, so he made little tags so I know which line goes with which hook.

It's ready to go!  The flannel sheets are getting dried and put away for the season.

Our first round of laundry on the new clothesline.

It works!

So have you seen this great and amazing idea for hard-boiled eggs on facebook and Pinterest.  I've seen it all over the place.  What am amazing idea.  It would revolutionize egg-boiling as I had known it.  I could hardly wait.  This was an answer to all my eggpeeling woes...

...or was it?!?  Several of the eggs exploded in the oven.  Those that didn't were burned looking and rubbery.  Failed it!

We brought back a lot of citrus fruit from Mesa.  We juiced a bunch this week.  We have three gallons of orange juice in the freezer, and several quarts of orange and grapefruit juice, as well.

The rest is in the freezer in the garage.  Guess what we are bringing when we come to visit?

1 comment: