Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring Break! Amy Came Home!

This has certainly been a delightful Spring Break!  Amy came home for a few days.  It was great to have her here!  The days flew by for me, though.  All too soon, she had to hit the road so she could make it back for her temple shift.  We sure are proud of that girl!  Here are a few of our Spring Break adventures!

Amy got here Monday evening.  Wahoo!  It was great to see my Baby Girl again!


So one evening, we decided to till and plant another garden bed.  Amy and I got compost for the dad to till in.  When we had a wheelbarrow load ready to dump, we looked down and found  baby mouse wriggling in the wheelbarrow.  We looked through the compost still in the wheelbarrow and found two more.  Then the dad looked in the stuff we had already dumped and found still two more.  We had a total of five baby mice.  This is Amy attacking the rest of the compost in case the mama was still there, or any more babies.  I haven't seen her so aggressive since....   well, maybe ever!

The babies are dead in teh bag and ready to dump!  I hate mice!

Amy learned about Trivia Crack.  We played a lot over the break.  I don't know if she'll keep playing, but it was fun for Spring Break!

One of the Trivia Crack questions was about the reaction with Diet Coke and Mentos.  We had both heard about the phenomenon for years, but neither of us had ever witnessed it.  So we began our adventure.  We tried different flavors of Mentos, and we tried different sized bottles of Diet Coke.

We found that the regular peppermint Mentos worked the best.

We tried different sized bottles.  This is a 1 liter bottle.  The video clip is a two-liter bottle.  They definitely worked best!


Amy made Peanut Butter Sesame Drops from the "...Peanut Butter," book.  Nailed it!  They were delicious--probably 250 caolories apiece, but worth it!






These next few pictures are out of sequence, but, oh well.  The Harold Runnells Pool has been converted into a fitness complex.  On a very windy day, Amy and I went and walked on the walking track.

The pool area has been coverted into courts for basketball, volleyball, or indoor soccer.

This was at the little park across from the playground of dreams.
I just got a new phone, and I'm messing around with the camera.  That's one memorable hair shot.

Another photo at that little park.

Hiking Amy's trail.

Amy's first breakfast at Alicia's!  (We discovered it while she was at school and on her mission.  She finally got to try it out.)

Side note.  I just accidentally clicked out of this post before I published it.  Good news!  The whole thing was saved anyway, as a draft!  Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun week! We really need to plan a girl's week this summer. That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete