Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter/General Conference Weekend!

What a great weekend!  We had Brian and Chelsea here.  We got some very good news from them.  We were able to partake of the words of prophets.  We celebrated the Atonement and Resurrection.  We ate lots of good food.  And we will be able to see the rest of our kids in the next couple of weeks.  Life is good!

The weekend started just about as good as a weekend could start.  Chelsea and Brian made an Easter egg hunt for the dad and me.  What fun!  Dark chocolate eggs!  What could be better than that!  I'll  tell you what could be better than that!  We have another grandchild on the way!  We are eccstatic!  With both boys and their wives struggling with the whole pregnancy bit for awhile, we feel like we have been doubly blessed now!  Hooray for tender mercies!

These are are grandbbabies.  Aren't they they cutest babies ever?

For dinner, Brian made us a bacon-prune pizza.  Sounds different, I know.  They have some Columbian friends that made one for them.  They liked it, and thought we might like it too!  We did!  It was delicious!  We'll definitely make one of those again!

Moving on in our quest--we did the "...a Blender,"  We made the flan.  We like flan.  We make it every once in a while.  I will have to say this is not the best flan we've ever made.  It was passable.  I don't know whether we failed it or nailed it.  (I do like the creepy look on the dad's face, though!)

We also made "Healthy Hollandaise Sauce" from the "...Tofu," book.  It was a very mild lemon taste, and it really didn't resemble real Hollandaise Sauce much, but it was okay.  It certainly was easier to make and is healthier than the real thing, though.

During Conference this go-around, the dad spent all four sessions ripping and uncollating pages from our reading series workbooks.  Now that chore is completely done for next year.  Hooray!  It will save me many, many hours over the course of the next school year.  My sweetheart truly does love me.

This is a cross-stitch that Chelsea has been working on just about every General Conference that she and
Brian have spent with us.  It's coming along.  It ought to last her a good two or three years more!

I finished quilting and binding this quilt.

After the Saturday morning session of Conference, we went geocaching.  Now that we've joined the ranks of the SmartPhoners, Brian and Chelsea introduced us to this new adventure.  Guess who found the cache!  That's right!  It was me!  We did the "Mint Cappuccino" hunt.

Can you see it hidden in the stump?

We cooked a turkey that we had for dunner on Saturday, and we had delicious turkey sandwiches four our Easter Feast!

It was one delicious bird.

For our Girls' Night Out during the Priesthood Session, Chelsea and I went and bought new nailpolish and did our toenails.  We missed Susan.  It wasn't the same without her.  My toenails are "Guilty Party."  One of Chelsea's was "Mermaid's Tail."  I don't remember the other one.

We colored Easter Eggs just because that is what people do the night before Easter.  Nobody else seemed to want to do it, but they all humored me.  Thank you.




Look at those excited faces!  Now that we started, they are loving it, don't you think?


Brian and I hid the eggs on Easter morning for Chelsea and the dad to find.  Chelsea was in it to win it!  She's a pro at it, I tell you!


This is Chelsea Skyping her family with the good news after several brush-off attempts.  Her family is happy!

Brian updated computers during the Saturday sessions of  Conference.  On Sunday, he and the dad finished up the rest of the workbook pages!  My heroes!

I finished!

The dad said it works just great!

6 comments:

  1. That egg dying picture is so funny! We really all do look pretty pathetic! Ha! Oh, and the other polish color was Bali Mist, in case you really wanted to know. :) I'll post our version after Wednesday! :D Such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my own blog post sitting in the draft pile awaiting your Facebook/public announcement (there's a slim chance some of my readers might know you and should hear it from you first). Does this mean you're blogging about it tomorrow?

      Delete
    2. Who do we need to tell so you can publish it? We are pretty much telling all close friends and acquaintances, but since FB has so many people I hardly talk to... it may be a while. So if you let us know who you are worried about, we can either tell them, or say it's fine they find out from you. :)

      Delete
    3. It's totally up to you. I just didn't want to say anything if you had more announcements planned. After checking my invited readers list, though, I don't think there's anybody that knows you, so up to you.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that egg hunt reveal is such a cute idea!
    I have yet to do my marshmallow egg tradition. I got motivated to weed the garden instead, so that's good, right? :/ :)

    ReplyDelete