Sunday, March 2, 2014

Read Across America Day!

First of all, Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!  Today would be his 110th birthday.  Just sayin'.




Every year, Read Across America Day is celebrated on March 2 in honor of Dr. Seuss birthday!  This year, March 2 fell on a Sunday, so the big day was Friday, which turned out to be good for me.  Doug was able to come in to first grade to read Green Eggs and Ham and make them with the kids before he had to take off to D.C.

It was also Pajama Day in first grade.  Each of the first grade classes got another ten "Caught Being Good" slips, so we were due for a celebration.  We all had our Pajama Day.  We didn't do anything together this year, though.  We each celebrated separately.


Here he is demonstrating how to crack an egg.  Each of the kids got to crack an egg into the bowl.  I didn't ask if I could put pictures on the blog of the kids, so I'm just putting a picture of the dad.  (He's the cutest one, anyway!)  Our Auracana eggs are kind of brown looking this year instead of green, but, oh well.

Waiting for the pan to heat up.

Ready to cook!

Now the ham is added, and it's ready to eat.  I have three Muslim kids, so we took theirs out before we added the ham.  Then I had two picky eaters who wouldn't even try it.  Those picky eaters who won't even  try things really irritate me.  The rest of the kids loved it!
 (I see I caught a first grader in the background. I'm glad it's a private, protected blog.)

Susan came and read a Pajama Day book to the crew, and she stuck around and helped with Centers.  The kids love when she comes!

1 comment:

  1. If you want me to blur the faces of your students in Photoshop, it's really easy. I've done that for Chelsea so she can put pics on her blog on occasion.

    ReplyDelete