Monday, October 2, 2017

Late September and October General Conference Weekend!

We had a bumper crop of beets and beet greens this year!

We STILL love backyard fishing!


Grandad picked a peck of pickled peppers...

...and tried his hand at bottling them!


Carol went to a Daughters of the Utah Pioneers meeting in Ramah on her birthday.  I caught wind of it, and took a cake and cupcakes over and met her at the meeting for her birthday!

We were swayed once again by an infomercial.  We have watched an informercial for a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer... for several months and have thought about getting one.  We finally did! We didn't get the brand we saw on TV.  We got one that had manual controls as well as pre-programmed controls.  We love it!

It cooks brown rice perfectly.  It cooks quinoa perfectly and quickly.  This is a roast we cooked in it.  It is probably the best roast we've ever cooked.  (It doesn't surpass Susan's pot roasts, though.)

I had a bunch of blocks left over from past quilting projects.  I put them together at the end of the summer and made some quick quilts.

There was also this one, and one other quilt, but I didn't take a picture of it.

Brian, Chelsea and David came over for General Conference weekend.  The grandad took in all the tomatoes before the frost hit.

David helped grandad get them off the vine.  He loved spotting the red ones!


David and Grandad spent a lot of time playing with the "E-E-O."  That's how David says "Old MacDonald's Farm."  (Or just farm.)



Friday night pizza and a movie!

The dad mad salsa bombs during one session of conference.

Chelsea worked on David's quilt.

Brian made a hat for part of his Halloween Costume.


Chelsea and I took David down to the train car where we have a geocache hidden to take pictures!

Picking beets for dinner.


David got his own hat!
I love General Conference Weekends!

1 comment:

  1. I've been curious about the Instant Pot. You'll have to let us know more. I'm particularly curious what devices it could replace to free up kitchen space.

    ReplyDelete