Thursday, June 11, 2015

It's the Larkspur's Fault!

Over on Sunset Dr., here in Gallup, there is a house that has larkspur all over the front yard.  It is charming!  In fact, there are a few homes that have larkspur in their gardens, and it is just beautiful.  Michelle Ferguson, a first grade teacher I teach with, is from North Dakota.  She said in North Dakota, it's considered a noxious weed.  Here, I consider it cute and charming!

Anyway, I wanted to show Amy that cute yard, so we drove over to it.

This is from the yard on Sunset Dr.  The whole yard is larkspur!
Because we were on a flower adventure, and since Sunset Drive is close to Holiday Nursery, we felt inspired, and almost obligated to go over to the nursery to buy a flower.  (Larkspur grow from seeds that you have to sow before the last frost, then they reseed themselves every year.)  It was too late for larkspur, but we were sure we could find something nearly as charming.  Well...   forty dollars later...


Planting a delphinium.

Planting Prarie Coneflowers

Planting a cute little wildflower that we lost the plant pic for and don't remember the name.

We wound up going back to the nursery two more times after that to get marigolds to ward off the squash bugs.  The last time we were there, we ran into Mr. (Brother) Hornick.  He had just come by the house earlier that day while we were planting flowers to visit with Amy for awhile.  He knew we had already planted several that day.  He wasn't surprised to see us back.  He said that's the way it is with addictions.  We know.

1 comment:

  1. You and your plants! I am not a Decker in that regard, since I kill most of mine and usually have never heard of the plants you mention. BUT I will say I have heard of delphiniums and marigolds! Ha! I will just admire your yard and hope my bamboo doesn't kick the bucket.

    ReplyDelete