Friday, June 26, 2015

Girls' Camp 2015!

I went with the girls from the Ft. Wingate Branch to Girls' Camp out at Kiwanis this year.  It was a lot of fun.  It was a lot of fun.  After the girls were supposedly down for the night, we had a riot in the Leaders' Bunk Room!

Ashley Billie

Britney Joe

Carli Begay

JoAnni Begay

Majteka Abeita and Keziah Pine

My partner-in-crime, Anne Mowrer

I love Ida.
Ft. Wingate has never taken any girls to camp before.  They seem to have had a history of leaders who assume the girls don't want to go.  Such was the case this year.  But I went over to the Young Women and said that I wanted to go to camp, and I wanted them to go with me.  They all came!  We had six girls this year!  Not bad for a branch!
I was kind of worried about my shy little girls keeping to themselves and not getting involved.  They (all but one) seemed to dig in and have a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you did this with them! What a great experience for them, even with the hassle of all that late paperwork that you had to deal with.

    ReplyDelete