Monday, July 6, 2015

What Happens in Vegas....

The Dad and I spent a few days in Las Vegas.  (We don't love that place.)  He had to go to a SHRM Conference, and I came along for the ride.  The Conference started on Sunday at noon, but he had to get there on Saturday to check in at the Conference and get his schedule and stuff.  We got tickets for the Donny and Marie Show at the Flamingo.  I was very excited!

But as it turned out, this is all the Donny and Marie we got to see.  Donny was sick that night, so his nephew, David, filled in for him.  David was talented, but it was Donny and Marie we wanted to see.  Marie had obviously had some work done on her face and nose.  She looked like a generic Hollywood face-lift woman with Marie's voice.  As for the voice,  either the nose job made her voice sound nasally, or she was going for a new sound.  Bummer!
On Sunday morning, we went to church.

While we were at church, we heard that there was going to be a Stake Patriotic Concert at the Stake Center that evening, so we went!  We went to the same thing four or five years ago when we were there for a SHRM Conference.  It was a nice evening.

While Doug was in his meetings, I spent most of my time in the hotel room sewing.  These are my pigeon friends that came and kept me company every day.

This is the quilt top I pieced while we were there.  I call it "What happens in Vegas."

It was REALLY HOT while we were there.   We spent a lot of time walking.  Look how swollen my feet and ankles got in all that heat!

We went to a Los Vegas 51s game.  It is their minor leage baseball team.  They got totaly creamed by Sacramento.

It was 115 degrees when the game started.

Go team!

The 51s are the farm club team for the Mets.

Lucky us!  We got there on dollar menu night, so we got our hot dogs and pretzels for just a dollar each!  (The bottled water was $3.  They don't let you take any of your own food or drinks into the park.)  When we left at about 10:00. the temperature was still 108 degrees.

One of the best parts of the adventure was being able to go to the temple there.

Even here, the heat was stifling.


Doggone we take great selfies!  Here we are by the fountain at the temple.

It was 106 degrees.
On Wednesday, our last day, I had some time to kill while the dad was in meetings.  I got on the monorail with no particular destination in mind.  I wound up in the Paris Casino.  I took a ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower there and snapped this picture.

My selfie from the observation deck at the top!
This was an exciting moment of anticipation!  Here we are in the Conference Center waiting for the keynote speaker...

...Dr. Oz!  Yes, we got to see him speak in person.  See that little black dot on the stage?  Dr. Oz!  It was great--totally worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment