Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Food and Gardening!

Amy said that our blog mostly consists of food and gardening.  Pretty much.  It's what we do.  If that is what you are expecting, than this entry will not be disappointing.

The dad was out of town last week, so we had to do two recipes from the books this week.  We had the Elders over to eat with us.  We made Vidalia Onion Cheesy grits (DELICIOUS!), and Oniony Meatballs (average) from the "...Grits," and the "...Slow Cooker," books.  (Elders Jensen and Adams)

Last night we checked the turnips to see if any were ready to pick.  I guess they were!

They kohlrabi is ready, too.  Guess what's for dinner at our house!

Last Saturday, we woke up and decided to hike the Mentmore end of the High Desert Trail--The Third Mesa Trail.  I*t was a beautiful day for a hike--overcast and relatively cool.


Look what we found!  Remember these, Susan?

We haven't hiked this one since before Amy left for school, I think.  (Or maybe she was home for the summer.)

Somebody put a cougar "work de art" at the top of the hill.

The Gallup area certainly has a lot of beautiful places to hike!

1 comment:

  1. They were Yellow Spotted Lizards! I've read Holes! I'm no fool!

    ReplyDelete