Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mountain Biking!

Before we went to Spamalot, we got up early and went biking up near McGaffee.  We went to the Hilso Trail head and rode for awhile.  Amy was a beast.  The dad did great!  I was a total wimp!

We rode on the trail for awhile, then we went off the trail onto the main road, which was up hill for miles, I just know it.  Amy took off like the bike beast she is.  Dad was right behind her.  I wanted to be the tail end, because I'm the slowpoke of the bunch.  Well, when I got way behind on those big hills, Amy and the Dad waited for me.  As soon as I caught up, they were rested, and they'd say, "Let's go!"  I, on the other hand, just barely got there and didn't rest at all, so I trudged along about to died.  The cycle repeated over and over.  They went on ahead.  They waited.  I got there.  They took off.  I wanted to go back (downhill)  and get the truck to take it to meet them at the top, but they were worried about me going alone.  They weren't worried that I was about to die right there in front of them.

We got back on the Hilso trail after a few miles and headed back.  I told them my woes of them taking off as soon as I caught up to them, and that they were rested, and I never was.  They laughed.

The ride back was great.  It was more down hill, shady, and they let me rest.  All in all, it was a great bike ride.

We got in the truck and went up to the lake(?), or where the lake used to be and rode there for awhile.  We found some Prarie Flax, (adorable blue wildflowers), and we dug some up and brought them home for our garden.
Amy, the beast!

Mom, the wuss!

Dad, the almost-beast!




The Prarie Flax in our yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment