Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has sprung.
The grass has ris.
I wonder where the flowers is.

That is a poem my dad used to recite every spring!

I've been thinking about that man a lot lately.  I'm happy to share some of his words of wisdom.

Last weekend, we went to Mesa to spend time with Dad and Carlene, and I forgot to take the camera.  Boo for me.

Here is a brief glimpse of last week in pictures.

We had Holiday Nursery put in a new tree to replace our old trees.  It's a choke-cherry tree.  I hope it's a beaut!

Of course, the dad had to prune it, even though Holiday Nursery insisted it didn't need it!

We made Apricot Peach Cobbler from the "...Gelatin" book.  Nailed it.  It only used 1/2 package of Jell-o, so...

... I made the Strawberry Shake recipe from the other half.  Again, Nailed it.

This past week, we've had glorious weather.  The good old Gallup Spring Winds haven't started yet.  We tilled and planted a bed aready...

...with some of the early crops.  We planted spinach, beets, radishes and lettuce.  We've already had spinach that came up from last year's planting!

When we were in Mesa, we bought a bunch of strawberries we needed to use up, so we made a Strawberry Smoothie from the "...Powdered Milk" book.  It was really tasty.  Nailed it!

Spring means it's time to clean the chicken coop again.  The dad has been getting the places we had carpet on the grass under the swings ready for planting new grass.  We're going to sod it later in the month.

The feeder was looking pretty sad.  It was time for a fixing!

The girls approve!


The Bradford Pear is in its full glory.  I swear, it's the prettiest tree in town!

Other signs of spring

I  love, love, love flowers in the garden!

I got all the blocks in the latest Mystery Quilt all laid out and ready to sew!

2 comments: