It has been a good week. Life has treated us well, and for that, we are grateful.
 |
| Angela Rodriguez asked me to be her escort when she received her endowment at the Albuquerque Temple last Saturday. We had a huge snowstorm the day before, and the roads to Albuquerque were treacherous to say the least. We went over on Friday night and slipped and slid the last half of the trip. But on Sunday morning at 6:30, the streets were snowpacked, which made travel easier than the sheets of ice from the night before. |
 |
| By the time we got out of the temple, the stuff on the roads had melted off. Going home was much easier than getting there. |
 |
| Elder and Sister Jensen teach the Temple Prep Lessons in our Branch. They came, too. |
 |
| After the temple, we had lunch at Chile's! |
 |
| On Wednesday, I checked my facebook, and my friend, Stacy Hostman (Stacy Heaton) posted that she and her husband were in Flagstaff on their way to Albuquerque. I commented that our bathrooms were cleaner than McDonald's if they wanted to stop in. They did! Stacy was hoping they would be able to see us, but they weren't wanting to disrupt our work schedules. They stayed a couple of hours! It was great! |
 |
| Stacy and Mark Hostman |
 |
| Stacy and I have literally been friends since we were babies. My folks and her folks (Fred and Marie Heaton) were friends for our entire lifetimes. (My mom wound up working for Dr. Fred for years.) We spent many, many happy years together. I haven't seen her since her dad's funeral 16 years ago. (I wore Stacy's veil for our wedding reception!) |
 |
| This is a bit out of order. I spent my birthday alone this year, as the dad was in Washington, D.C. It was still a good day. I talked with all my kiddos on the phone, and several friends as well. I Skyped with my sweetheart. That was great, too! This is a picture of birthday wishes from a little guy in my class. |
No comments:
Post a Comment