As is most of life, we've been plodding along day by day not doing much that is noteworthy to blog about. That doesn't mean life isn't good... just ordinary, for the most part. But for me, ordinary is great. We have snapped a few pictures along the way just to remember that ordinary is pretty doggone nice sometimes.
 |
| The next recipe from one of the "101 Things to Do With..." books came from the "...Cheese," book. We made Chicken Divan, and had the Elders over for dinner to try it out. It was good. Not amazing... just good. It was a little runny when we started to eat, but it set up nicely later on. If we make it again, we need to let it sit out longer before we actually eat it. |
 |
| Right after Christmas, the dad ordered us some new bikes. He put them together. Now we need to get the snow off the streets so he can adjust the derailers and we can ride them. This one is mine. |
 |
| I asked the parents of the kids in my class if I could, from time to time, put pictures in my blog of things we do at school. All the parents were fine with it this year, since it's a protected blog. We celebrated the 100th day of school last Wednesday. Here we are wearing our 100 Day hats that we drew 100 polka dots on. Behind us is our hallway bulletin board. We used 100 dots to make pictures. It was a fun day! |
 |
| This is the ..."Mac and Cheese," volume. We actually had to go buy a box of mac and cheese to make it. We didn't have one. We made a Corned Beef and Sauerkraut Casserole. Nailed it! (Notice the vest with 100 buttons!) |
 |
| This is the dad's bike! |
 |
| Friday we had our first snow day in three years! Here is the dad blowing snow out of the driveway. He had arranged earlier to take a "use-it-or-lose-it" vacation day. |
 |
| He was bummered, because he wanted to paint the area around the stove while I was at school as a surprise. He wasn't bummered that I was home--just that now it wasn't going to be a surprise when he painted it. |
 |
| Do you wanna build a snowman? |
 |
| He's kind of cute if I do say so myself! |
 |
| It's all painted, and the dad is putting it back together. I didn't watch him paint it at all so I could sort of be surprised! |
 |
| "Surprise!" |
 |
| Time to feed the missionaries again. It's Elder Collins and Elder Bloomfield. It's a Sausage Calzone from the "...Pickle," book. we had to use ground hog (sausage), because it's Groundhog's Day! It was good, but not as good as my regular calzones. |
 |
| Look! My Christmas Cactus has bloomed! It's a little late, but I don't care. I think I need the pretty color more in bleak January anyway! |
Did the chicken divan have chicken and broccoli? My family made that all the time! That was a family favorite. What's wrong with your other bikes? Looks like life is great!
ReplyDeleteYes, it does have chicken and broccoli. Nothing is wrong with the other bikes. The dad just wanted a different kind. We have these two other bikes just waiting for you and Brian to give them a new home!
Delete:) Looks like conference weekend... :) I'm pretty excited! Thank you! Though I will have to tell you, I've had bad luck with bikes in the past.... hopefully we can hold on to these better than the last ones.
ReplyDeleteI love looking at all the ordinary everyday pictures!
ReplyDelete