This is one of those a-little-of-this-and-a-little-of-that posts. Actually, I guess that's what most of our posts are. We had a pleasant President's Day weekend, and now, the party's over. We get back into the old grind once again. Not only that, but it's Parent/Teacher Conferences on the old grind docket for me, and County Commission Meeting on the old grind docket for the dad. The memories will get us through!
 |
| The dad got dormant oil on the fruit trees. It is an organic oil that smothers lots of different kind of eggs of fruit tree pests. |
 |
| It should be applied twice in the late winter before the trees even think of budding out. |
 |
| Last weekend, Brian asked us to bring some popcorn from the food storage when we went to see them in Farmington. It was the impetus of a huge project that desperately needed to be done. We cleaned out the closet in the extra bedroom. Now we can even hang some clothes in it! Shocker! |
 |
| This is the recipe from LAST Sunday. We made stir-fry from the "... Chicken" book. It was really good. |
 |
| These are the Valentine Cards I made for my crew. We bought the bubbles in Farmington last weekend. I got the idea from Pinterest. Nailed it! (Love that Pinterest!) |
 |
| The threshold between the kitchen and the family room got broken a couple of months ago. The dad decided it was time to fix it! |
 |
| Good as new! |
 |
| The dad and I have been planking to strengthen our "cores" lately. The dad is up to four minutes. I can only hold it two minutes, then I drop from my toes to my knees for the rest of the time. |
 |
| Making Jalapeno English Muffins. I love the dad's English Muffins! |
 |
| Lynn and Diane came and spent Friday night and part of Saturday with us. We played Fruit Basket. Lynn was the big loser this time! (We played it again later, and I was the big loser, but who needs a picture of that!) |
 |
| On President's Day, the dad and I both went into work for a few hours to get caught up on some stuff. Afterwards, even though it was cold and breezy, we went on a ride on our new bikes. |
 |
| We wound up at Ford Canyon Park. |
 |
| We had a cold little picnic. |
 |
| Time to head back home! |
 |
| Notice the cool color of my bike! |
 |
| We went home by way of Susan's trail. The dad rode most of the way up. I wasn't as adventurous. I walked my bike up. |
 |
| The old radio/cd player in the kitchen gave up the ghost. |
 |
| Dad just installed a new one. This one has a little slot on the side where you can hook an ipod up to the speaker. The dad uses it as a cd holder. (What, you say, was the first song we listened to on the new player? Why it was "I Love Little Baby Ducks!") |
 |
| For dinner on President's Day, we made Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry from the "...Ramen Noodles" book. The Elders came over for dinner. It was a "Nailed it!" for us. Elder Collins said it was his goal to make it through his mission without having to eat Ramen Noodles. FAILED! |
 |
| We started our seedlings for our garden this year. We started four kinds of tomatoes (none cherry tomatoes after last year), three kinds of bell peppers, jalapenos and yellow hots. |
 |
| Now grow, babies. |
I had a goal to make it through college without ramen and I made it. I just didn't count others feeding me because I have no control over that. I didn't count using ramen as an ingredient either. It was mostly just an "I won't eat the 25 cent package as a meal" sort of thing. That ramen stuff you made looks good.
ReplyDeleteAs a matter of fact, Elder Collins said that he didn't eat it as a meal on his own, so he's still okay as far as his goal is concerned.
ReplyDelete