Monday, January 28, 2013

Recent Quilts

These are some of the quilts I've been working on the last little while.  I'm handquilting a bedspread for my bed right now, but I didn't stick a picture of that one in.  I'll wait until I finish it.

This is my Quilts of Valor contribution for this year.  I didn't do the quilting on this one.  Carol, a friend in our quilt club did it on her long-arm.  She does a great job!  I did the rest of it, though.

This was a fun one.  I made it with a jelly roll.  It's called 1600 quilt or Jelly Roll Race.  Look it up on youtube.com under Jelly Roll Race for a tutorial.  I made mine all flannel.  It's cozy!


This is the mystery quilt that Quilter's World did on facebook this past fall.  I've got it all pinned and ready to quilt, but I won't start that until I finish the one for my bedroom.
This is my new February mini-quilt.  I'm also making one for a wall hanger Carol gave me for Christmas.

Susan doesn't like this one.  We did a block exchange at Quilt Club.  We each bought a yard of the tie-dye looking fabric, and added three of our own fabrics to it.  We all used the same pattern, and made 24 of the same blocks, then we each kept two of our own, and traded the other around with the other ladies in the club.  We also each donated one block to a Charity quilt. I hand-quilted mine. It's quirky, that's for sure.  Now that it's finished, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.  Any ideas?


 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the fall one and the tie-dye one! Save it for some random occasion when you need a quick gift!

    ReplyDelete