Sometimes it's hard to come up with anything worth blogging about, because most of the time, our lives are just plain old plain old. Last week was that way, so I didn't blog. This week was that way, but then I decided that's probably what my blog really is anyway--plain old life in the Decker household.
I've been saving dryer lint for years. I don't know why--it just seems like I should. When I was a Cub Scout leader, we made fire starters out of dryer lint. Now I just throw a wad of it in the fireplace when we're low on kindling. I especially like the dryer lint when it's fluffy and full of pretty colors, but that's another story.
We were getting low on fire starters, so this weekend we decided to actually make some of our own with the dryer lint. We used old cardboard egg cartons, filled them with lint, and then poured parafin wax over the top. It was fun. Tonight for Family Home Evening, we're going to make a fire with our amazing fire starters. (After we finished the project, I found a whole new box of fire starters in the garage.
 |
| We made enough of these babies to last us a long, long time. |
 |
| I realize that they aren't particularly attractive, though. |
Susan is taking a Culinary Arts class through UNM right now. In her class last week, she learned how to make pot roast. So when we went shopping on Saturday, we bought her a pot roast so she could make us one for Sunday Dinner. That was a brilliant idea, because the pot roast was absolutely delicious!
 |
| She started out by seering in the tasty and delicous juices. |
 |
| She's sauteing vegetables to cook with it. |
 |
| Here's the almost all gone roast with some gravy. It was REALLY good. |
 |
| Here's an exciting part! Sonia came to town to help Cassie. Cassie just had a new baby boy. He's beautiful. His name is Corbin Michael. She came and had Sunday dinner with us, just like old times. (She had already eaten when she got here, but she couldn't resist a pot roast like this one!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment