Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mary Poppins!

So, the Broadway version of "Mary Poppins" came to Popejoy Hall.  Hooray!  I've been wanting to see it for quite some time, and finally it was here where we could see it!  Sadly, though, the Dad is in Atlanta this week, so he wasn't able to join us.

Brian, Chelsea, Susan and I got tickets, and we all went to see it this Saturday.  I thought it was going to be a stage adaptation of the Disney version of "Mary Poppins."  It was quite different.  There were many of the same characters,  and some adaptations of some of the songs, but all in all, it wasn't the same at all.  It took me a while to get used to that idea.  But once I did, I enjoyed it a lot.  The sets were amazing.

Brian and Chelsea on the Shuttle Bus to Popejoy Hall!

Susan and I on the bus.

I find it interesting that different events are starting to provide photo-op spots more and more.


After the play was over, we went out to dinner with Carol and Mark at Souper! Salad!  Doug and I are on a...  I hesitate to use the word "diet," as we're not actually dieting, but we're trying to adopt a healthier eating lifestyle.  (So far he's lost 8 lbs. and I've lost 6.)  We're eating the Food Pyramid daily food and serving size recommdations.  Susan is even doing it with us.  She hate a lot of junk and fried foods at camp, and she said she could definitely tell that she feels better when she eats better.  Anyway, we ate at Souper! Salad! and I still was able to stay on the eating play that we've made.  I felt pretty good about myself.  The dad is in Atlanta, and he said he's still working hard on eating appropriately, as well.  Not only has he lost a few pounds, but he's been able to lower the amount of insulin he has been taking.  Hooray!  Hopefully it won't be too long until he can reduce it even lower, if not stop it altogether!

1 comment: