Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Baby Girl is a Missionary!

Sunday, (June 10) was Amy's Missionary Non-Farewell in Sacrament Meeting.  She gave an adorable talk, which was chock-full of Amy personality!  She has gotten to be a wonderful speaker, and I thoroughly enjoyed her talk.  (From the amount of crying I did, I'm sure you wouldn't think I was enjoying it, but I was!)

Bishop Mowrer called each of the boys up to bear their testimonies, and then Doug spoke. Susan even led the music.  It was a beautiful Sacrament Meeting.

We were blessed to have our whole family there.  In addition, Carol and Mark came, and so did Jay and Rosanna.
We had a big spread after church.  The family that came for the non-farewell all came, and so did the McMullins, which to us are just like family.






President Mortensen came over and set Amy apart as a missionary.  Amy has included some of the things that Pres. Mortensen said in her blog.  Thanks, Angela, for thinking to write those things down.

The Church's newest missionary, at least for a few minutes.

The Flannerys just so happened to be in town this week.  That was great timing!

Here are Steve, Angela and Amy ready to head back to Provo.  They will take her to the MTC on Wednesday.  My baby girl is a missionary!




No comments:

Post a Comment