Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another Good Weekend!

Steve and Angela came down from Provo for Amy's Mission Non-Farewell, and to take Amy back to Provo to the MTC.  They came on Friday night, so we were able to have a couple of fun days before they had to head back up North.  I love it when the kids come home!
It's been a long time since the dad cut Steven's hair!

Ahhhh!

I love hiking.  We got up early Saturday morning and hiked the Strawberry Trail near McGaffey.  We went up to the fire tower.

At the top of the tower.

You can't tell from the pictures, but the wind was blowing like crazy.  Susan found out that she's extremely afraid of heights if the wind is doing it's thing.

Heading back down for the hike back.
Steven taming the ferocious chickens with his weapon of choice... The Ferocious Chicken Taming Croquet Mallet!
Those wiley chickens are now under control.

The dad has been working on his "Man Quilt" project for awhile.  He bought some old tents at a thrift store and cut them apart and sewed them together to make a wind barrier for our dining fly.  (I took his Man Quilt to my quilt club last night and showed it off.  The ladies were very impressed and thought it was a very clever idea.  They were even more impressed that he sewed it himself!

On Sunday, Brian and Chelsea, and more family came over for Amy's big day.  I'll cover that in another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment