Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Albuquerque Weekend!

So... last weekend we wanted to go to the temple, but the refrigerator died--another story.  This week we wanted to go over on Friday night and redeem hotel points, and then go to the temple Saturday morning, but, sadly, I was in charge of an all-adult Bonco Party at church Friday night.  Well, all adult functions don't go over so well in our ward because... well, Mormons are cheap.  They never want to hire babysitters.  It turns out that since nobody showed up to the party by 7:20 (It started at 7:00.  Mormons are also late.), we cleaned up and left.  It was great.  We went ahead and went over to Albuquerque Friday night after all.  (There were at least three couples that showed up after we left, but, oh well.  You snooze you loose.)

We did go to the temple.  And then we all went out to eat (us, Brian and Chelsea, Carol and Mark, and Dad.)

The next day, we went to church with Brian and Chelsea.  Part of the ward I grew up in is encompassed in their ward.  Also, our ward moved to that building when I was a junior or senior.  There were a few beloved faces that I saw again!  It was nice to see them again.

Fixing the tasty and delicious dinner.

Ready to eat the tasty and delicious dinner.


Afterwards, we went to Brian's and Chelsea's for a delicious grilled fish (halibut and a mystery fish) and pasta dinner.  They asked us to bring the salad, and I forgot until it was Sunday morning, so we went down to the continental breakfast place and got apples, oranges and bananas for a fruit salad.  Then we used strawberry yogurt from the breakfast to bind it all together.  It wasn't too bad for an ad hoc salad.

Eating the tasty and delicious dinner.

It was nice to get away for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment