Monday, November 7, 2022

It's Thanksgiving Week at Last!

 Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday of the year!  It's a time full of food, fun, and family!  This year did not disappoint.  We had Brian's crew and Steve's crew with us this year.  Even though we didn't have our whole family, it was still a wonderful Thanksgiving time!

Cooking fun started the day before folks started arriving!

Making mincemeat pocket pies!

Just about the minute he gets here, Peter asks Grandma for a balloon!

Thanksgiving morning, the men-folk put up the Christmas lights...

...which I am thankful for!






I love, love, love Christmas lights!  And I love, love, love that Brian and Steven helped the dad put them up!

This is our first year having a Kids' Table!  The kids decorated their own tablecloth!


I love it!



Time to break out The Wrapping Paper Game!

Santa stopped by for a visit!
















I'm not even sure what movie they were watching, but they were all cozy doing it!





On Friday, we all went to Albuquerque.  It was our temple service weekend.  The grandad and drove the kids over a couple of hours after their parents left so they could all go to an Endowment Session.  We had a charcuterie dinner in Brian's and Chelsea's room at the hotel since their room was the biggest!




Here we are after our shift ended.





Brian's family went back to Farmington from Albuquerque.  Steve's family came back to Gallup with us for a few more days.  We decorated the Christmas Tree!


On Monday, Micah came to school and spent the day with me in my classroom!

He fit right in with the rest of the group!

He made some new friends!

I ate with the kids in the cafeteria!


My boys will miss him!

And of course, we had Musical Mayhem.  Although with such a small group, it wasn't all the mayhemmy,



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend this year.  Let the holidays begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment