The dad got the Friday before Easter off for Good Friday, and I got the Monday after Easter off for Navajo Soverignty Day, so we decided to make a vacation out of it, and off to American Fork we headed for Easter! We not only got to see Steven and his family, but we got to see Susan, as well. She had spent the week there for her Spring Break!
 |
| We went on little walk shortly after we got to Americn Fork. I LOVE the river walk trail there! |
 |
| Erika liked it when we got to a park to play! |
 |
| Of course, we did a DI run while we were there. |
 |
| Angela found some chairs that sparked joy! |
 |
| We colored Easter Eggs on Friday night.... |
 |
| ...for the hunt on Saturday morning! |
 |
| Erika and I were hunting buddies! |
 |
| Micah is the perfect age to feel the joy of the hunt! He didn't know there was candy in the eggs until the hunt was over. I loved the expression on his face when it dawned on him just what was rattling around in all those eggs! |
 |
| Decker kids, recognize that tire swing. It's the very swing Steve spent his many hours contemplating life, the universe and everything in! |
 |
| Chopping up eggs for the potato salad! |
 |
| I love these next two pictures! It was absolutely the cutest thing seeing these two watching ducks by the lake! |
 |
| And here is our picnic by the lake! |
 |
| There was a little playgound there, so of course, we had to try it out! |
 |
| We went to fly kites at a park, and here is a geocache we found... well, here is where the geocache WAS that we found. |
 |
| Flying kites! |
 |
| We bought a two-stringed kite. We didn't realize it was a two-stringer at the time, or we wouldn't have bought it. It's final resting place is in the top of a tree. |
 |
| This is Steve's flying style! |
 |
| Loving on his grandgirl! |
 |
| Our celebration for the day. You can read more about it on the Celebrations for April post. |
 |
| I LOVE THIS PICTURE! |
 |
| On Sunday morning before church, the grandad, Michah and I walked up and around the temple. |
 |
| Happy Easter! At church, Angela and Steve accompanied the choir on flute and clarinet. We didn't even know that was going to happen until it did! What a fun surprise! And they sounded great! |
 |
| Micah is making his puzzle with Grandad! |
 |
| Easter dinner! |
 |
| I'm convinced that this is how the Grandad works his magic! |
 |
| On the way back to Gallup, we stopped by the Provo City Center Temple. |
No comments:
Post a Comment