Monday, January 22, 2018

Mid-January Stuff!

It's mid-January, and it just feels like it's time to do another blog post.  Mostly we've just been doing the same stuff we do all the time, but that's okay, because it's just what we do most of the time!

Our baby girl just bought her own car!  Looks like she's all growed up for sure!  We sure are proud of all of our babies!  They growed up good!

The weather has been so mild this year that the dad has our yard just about all ready for spring!  He has all the trees pruned, and the wood is stacked and drying out so we can burn it next year!

He pruned this one way down.  It's still a beautiful tree!

See, we don't just sit around and stare at each other all evening long!

This is the patchwork quilt board game Brian and Chelsea got us for Christmas!  (The dad whomped me.)

I had Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off, but the dad didn't. He had to go teach classes in Santa Fe.  So I popped in the car on Sunday afternoon just as the dad popped in the car and headed to Santa Fe.  I went to spend the night in Farmington with Brian and Chelsea and the grandboys!


This picture of Peter just plain makes me happy!
I also love that David loves and takes such good care of his "Petey Pie."



Chelsea and I went and grabbed a mystery cache while I was there.  She solved the mystery awhile back, and went to look for it without much luck.  This time, she just walked right up to it and found it!
We've been working at the temple a lot lately. 

We watched a Food TV show that had celebrity chefs talking about the best fried chicken they had ever eaten.  We couldn't remember if we'd ever even eaten a really good, memorable fried chicken.  So we began a quest.  We looked online and found the 15 best places to eat fried chicken in Albuquerque.  So this temple weekend we ate at the number 1 place on the list--Golden Pride.  It was good.  I can't say it was that memorable, but it was good.

In two weeks we'll try another place on our list of two places.  If it doesn't knock our socks off, we'll consider the quest over, and we'll just try cooking at home, to see if we can make it better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Awe I love that you included those cute boy pictures! David was holding onto Peter's carseat while walking out of the library today (to help carry but also not get run over by cars). Some people commented, "Oh what a good big brother he is!" So I have to agree with you there too. Your comment made me think of that incident today.

    And I loved that you came to Farmington. I had a great time and needed your geosense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to text you today to tell you to blog, but was pleased to see you already had! I love reading your blog, and I love seeing you and Daddy having random adventures!

    ReplyDelete