Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Another Pumpkin Patch!

We made a trip to Farmington for David's first birthday.  We brought him his present, and we had a visit to a pumpkin patch.  I hadn't been to  pumpkin patch and corn maze for years.  This year, we made up for that a bit!

We got David a Fire Engine that he could push and ride for his birthday.  That's what we got all our kids for their first birthdays, too!  Micah got an airplane from his Berrett grandparents.  David almost couldn't contain his excitement as he ripped off the paper.  In fact, he even tried to push and ride it while it was still half-wrapped and in the box!

Grandad is as excited a David is!

While we were there, he got pretty good at riding it backwards, but he still hadn't figured out how to make it go forward.




We were there, we went geocahing, of course.


We didn't find the one that is hidden here, but David sure looked cute sitting in the Virgina Creeper and Honeysuckle!




I'm not sure what this machine is, but David sure had fun in the driver's seat!








Our Pumpkin Patch adventure begins!

Ma and Pa at the Pumpkin Patch!



David loved the corn pit!



In the middle of the corn maze!



We went on a hay ride!





It was a fun adventure, and a good weekend!


When we got home, the dad made roasted marinara sauce from the tomatoes we grew in our garden.

I made zucchini muffins from this muffin cookbook.  I have never been much of  muffin maker.  I can never get them out of the pans without breaking half of them no matter how well I grease the muffin tins!

The dad made a corned beef vegetable caserole from this cookbook!

Have I ever mentioned that I love being a grandma!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment