Well, I have offiially reached senior citizen status at certain locations. I hit the big 55 this year! Like last year, I was home alone on my birthday again, since my birthday now coincides with the dad's annual treck to the NACO Conference in Washington, D.C.
I made the most of my weekend, though. I decided to clean the carpets on Saturday early morning just after the dad took off for the airport. By 8:30 in the morning, I had the kitchen floor mopped; I had the dusting and vacuuming done; I had the carpets clean; I had myself trapped in a house with wet carpets. I had to find someplace to hang out until the carpets were dry, so I called Chelsea, and she said, "Come on over!" I jumped in the car and headed over to Farmington for a few hours. It was a wonderful impromptu trip!
 |
| Brian had to work on Saturday morning at a free will-making clinic for first responders and military folk. I hope I got that right. I got there before he got home. When walked in the door, David just wiggled with delight! |
 |
| While I was there, David got his first haircut. He was one little wiggle worm the whole time, which is a little scary with sharp scissors up next to his head! |
 |
| The finished product! He doesn't look like eccentric Dr. Brown anymore. Brian did a good job! |
The McMullins had me over for Sunday Dinner, and on Sunday evening, I got to Skype with Micah! (Oh, and Steve and Angela as well.) What a great birthday treat!
 |
| This is my birthday present from the dad. At school, we are reading a mystery called, "The Skeleton at the Smithsonian--A Capitol Mystery." Part of it takes place at the Smithsonian Castle, so I asked the dad if he'd go take a selfie in front of it so I could show the kids. Here it is! |
 |
| Another shot. |
 |
| My honey! |
 |
| Flowers from Sonia and Bill! |
 |
| I got this--Special Delivery for my birthday! I love my birthday present! |
 |
| I ordered this myself for my birthday! Can't wait to use it! |
 |
| I got a birthday party in a picture! I love my little birthday party! |
I got to Skype with David (and his parents). I got to talk on the phone with Amy and Susan. I got to talk on the phone with my sweetheart.
My birthday dinner was a massive dud, though. I figured if I was at home alone on my birthday, I could get anything I wanted in all of Gallup and no one could complain. So I went to Albertson's on my way home from school to get some of their Vinegar and Sea Salt wings. I love those things. I got my cart full of produce and the other things I needed, and went over to the Deli. No Vinegar and Sea Salt chicken wings on my birthday. I was sad. I really was. I couldn't think of any other thing in that whole store that I wanted, so I paid for my groceries and went home. I found Brussels sprouts in the refrigerator, and that's what I ate for my birthday dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment