We got to spend two weekends in a row with Brian and Chelsea. That doesn't happen very often. It was great! It was General Conference Weekend! That is one of my favorite two weekends of the year! When I was a child, we were able to get the Saturday morning session on TV, but not live. It was rebroadcast on Sunday morning. Now we get not only the four general sessions live in our own homes, but we get Women's Conference and the Priesthood session live as well. And now, we can see General Authorities giving messages in their native tongues as they speak them, and have it translated for us! I don't think we take time to see these technological advances as the miracles that they truly are!
 |
| The weekend started with Charity Invitational. It's the annual banquet and ball to raise money for RMCH. This year the proceeds went to buying new equipment for the Emergency Room. The banquets are pretty deadly. It was convenient for us that Brian and Chelsea were coming to town so we could take them with us. It was nice to have someone we could talk to other than making up polite dinner conversation with the people we sit near. |
 |
| This year the banquet was held in the Zen Sushi Bar. It's the banquet room that is connected to Golden Dragon. (That's where we have our annual Chinese Food dinner during the holidays.) |
 |
| This is our table. We shared it with a couple that worked at Rehoboth School, Dr.s Gonzaga, and Mike and Yvonne Blake. |
 |
| For General Conference, we had our projects all lined up. I worked on quilting projects. |
 |
| During one session, Brian sorted beans for bottling and made a couple of ristras from our green chile. The dad made chile bombs for the freezer so we can make salsa all year long. |
 |
| Chelsea made a cute pumpkin. (Pinterest!) |
 |
| During another session, the dad polished all his bolo ties. |
 |
| We had tasty and delicious banana pudding after the Priesthood session. (During that session, we usually do a girls' night thing. We still did, but this time it was spent getting Chelsea some "stuff" to help with her itchy rash. We bought oatmeal bath, Benadryl and an anti-rash itch cream. I'm not sure any of it really helped.) |
 |
| Sunday morning we had the first fire of the season. It was actually too warm for a fire, so we only let it burn just a little while. |
 |
| The annual sharpening of the knives. |
 |
| I'm not sure how many General Conferences Chelsea has been working on this one now. |
 |
| Brian got this from Auntie Jo and Uncle Al several years ago. I worked on handquilting the quilt in the background. |
 |
| The dad made me bucket of snowballs! |
 |
| The plan was to use them at school. They are so cool (pun intended) that I'm not sure if I want to use them at school now. I may want to keep them here at home! |
 |
| On Monday night, we made Halloween window for Family Home Evening. It has been a lot of years since just the two of us worked on it! |
It WAS a great weekend!
ReplyDelete