Monday, October 13, 2014

The Phoenix Temple Open House

It was my Fall Break this past weekend, and the timing couldn't have been better.  It was the opening weekend of the Phoenix Temple Open House, and "Meet the Mormons."  We went down to Mesa to see Dad and Carlene this weekend, and we were able to see both.  We very much enjoyed both.

We took a shuttle bus from the parking area to the Phoenix Temple.

Man, we take good selfies!

Here it is!

The bapistry is probably the prettiest one I've seen so far.

The weather had broken, so it was only about 90 degrees instead of the "over-a-hundred" it had been.  It was still plenty warm.

The fountain was surrounded by geraniums.

We did sealings at the Mesa Temple.

It's still one of my favorites!

Saturday afternoon we went to "Meet the Mormons."

I know the church is world-wide, and now I realize just how diverse the people are.

I'm glad that I saw it.  I know it's supposed to be a missionary tool, but I learned a lot and was touched, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment