Monday, April 7, 2014

I Love General Conference Weekends!

I think my favorite weekends of the year just may be General Conference Weekends!  What an amazing opportunity we have in this day and age to hear the words of the prophets as they speak them!  What an amazing time to be on the earth--to be here when there is a living prophet to lead us and guide us.  I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who has made it so easy for us to come back to Him!

It was great having Brian and Chelsea here with us this weekend!  It made the weekend even better.  Here are some of the things we did this weekend!

The dad sharpens all our knives every General Conference!  I love sharp knives!

Chelsea is working on a counted cross-stitch picture.  I think the only time she ever works on it is during General Conference.  Brian is playing with Play-Doh.

Susan playing with Play-Doh.

I'm finishing up hand-quilting a Mystery Quilt that I started clear back in, I think, October.

Susan made us a tasty and delicious cheesecake!

Brian tore out pages from workbooks for my class next year.  It will save me a TON of time next year!

Doug collated pages after Brian tore them out!  They got the whole workbooks done!

For Saturday afternoon's dinner, we had fondue, shabu-shabu, and Korean barbeque!  It sounds fancier than it actually is.  It was tasty and fun, though.

The cast-iron pan is the Korean barbeque pan.  You lay thin strips of meat on domed top, and the flame underneath cooks it.


We went shopping and bought nail polish during the Priesthood Session. 

I finally finished quilting and binding this one.  It's obviously a scrappy quilt.

Hey!  It works!

I'm glad Steve and Angela turned us on to "Ticket to Ride."  We love this game!

The second time we played it, I didn't love it quite as much.  I learned that Chelsea can very competitive!

The dad made me a pot holder.

More Play-Doh!

After the last session on Sunday, we made pitas.  Then we had grilled chicken/pita sandwiches.  We ate, then Brian and Chelsea left for home.  Another great Conference Weekend was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment