Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend!

We were lucky this year.  Easter weekend just happened to be Stake Conference Weekend.  We had a wonderful Stake Conference.  I feel spiritually recharged after General Conference, Time Out for Women, and Stake Conference three weekends in a row.  Now I just hope I can hang on to my resolve.

Brian and Chelsea had planned to go to Elko this past week to see Chelsea's family.  Sadly, Brian's first training for his new job got scheduled for the same week, so they weren't able to go.  They were able to come spend Easter weekend with us, though, and that made it even a nicer weekend!

Susan played in a Solo and Ensemble event.

After she played, she received some tips from the judge.  She got a 2!

Some of the potatoes we used for the potato salad had sprouted, so we planted them in the garden!


Coloring the eggs!

This was Susan's most beautiful blue egg!

We smoked the turkey on Saturday night.  On Easter morning, we took it off before Stake Conference.  It looks as good as it tasted!

We hid some eggs for Susan and Chelsea to find.

For Chelsea, the hunt was a competetive event!

Easter pictures!

We got leis from singing in the choir in Stake Conference.  Can you tell who the choir director was?


Easter dinner--smoked turkey and the works.

Do you know what I love about deviled eggs at Easter time?  I love the colorful spots on the whites.  That, and I just plain love deviled eggs at Easter time!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey, Amy and I got some in the mail! Thanks! Looks like you got a good deal on them too. I hope my comment didn't make you feel like you had to though.

      Delete
    2. When we went back to Penny's for something else, we saw that they had more in, so we knew you guys needed matching skirts, too! And yes, the price was right!

      Delete