Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Few Pictures of our Christmas Vacation!

We had a wonderful Christmas vacation this year!  Boy, did it every go by quickly!  We were all together for a few days, which doesn't happen very often anymore.  Here are a few of the highlights of our Christmas time.

Brian and the Dad are getting the batter ready for the annual free-range fruitcake.

Everyone has to touch the spoon in order to have good luck the next year.  Susan was at work, so she missed out on all the luck.  I touched the spoon after I took the picture.  A selfie just plain didn't work in this one.

Chelsea whomped us in the wrapping paper game.

But we had fun anyway!

Amy and Susan are pulling apart a Christmas Cracker!

Can you tell who won?  Susan won a die.


Now Brian and Chelsea are giving it a try.  Who will win?

Chelsea won!  She won a dumb little cellophane fish that was alive.  I wanted to kill it with fire.

The winners!

It's Christmas Eve dinner!

As soon as the dishes are finished, we will go looking at Christmas lights!

We had cocoa with peppermint sticks after we got back from looking at lights.  As always, I like our lights the best!

I'm surprised Chelsea is still awake!

The kiddos are all in jammies and ready for bed.  Santa doesn't come until everyone's asleep, you know.

The Dad and Susan are having a Banana/Kiwi war.  Dad hates kiwi, and Susan hates bananas.

The Mom's Boston jacket has absolutely had it.  Susan got me a new light green jacket because the old one is ragged.

Opening presents Christmas morning!

"I think I already have this shirt."

When we were done, it looked like a tornado had passed through the place.

The dad is making new cards for the wrapping paper game.


We had our Musical Mayhem on Christmas afternoon.  It was fun!

I'm not sure what we're laughing at, but apparently it was hilarious.

Steve and Angela came the day after Christmas!

This is a puck that Steve got for Brian when he went to Detroit.

Steve and Angela made us a bird poop ornament to put at the bottom of the tree where all the birds poop.  It's a Decker thing.  (You wouldn't understand.)

Brian's helping Susan clean the dirty bathtub.

We played "Headbands."  Amy was a nude beach.  One of her clues was that she had naked people all over her.

We went to Red Rock's playground and took family pictures.  Steve and Brian kept photo-bombing!

After Amy's non-Homecoming Talk, Carol, Mark and the McMullins came over for dinner.  McMullins brought some Duck Dynasty cookies for dessert!

Katie and a cookie!

Aren't they hilarious!?!

Getting ready to play a round of the wrapping paper game!

"Stay out of my section."

Angela and Chelsea smoked the rest of us.  Susan said, "It's because the Decker's aren't good at this game."

I think we're good.  Well....

See that glint in Chelsea's eye?

The first match of the game!

Making tamales for New Year's Eve.
We had Family Home Evening on Monday night.  Angela was introduced to the proper way to lead "When the Family Gets Together,"  right down to the five little taps on the threshold.

Dad started us out reading the Christmas book from the Berretts.  Then he read "Touselhead."

Steve (the Experminator), cooked an egg in a paper cup in the fireplace.  He ate it!  I tasted it.  It was actually really good!

Getting a pomegranate ready to eat.

We always put together a puzzle at Christmas time.

Steve doing DDR.  His feet are a blur!

Brian is watching the Winter Classic Hockey game on New Year's Day!

Amy is getting her stuff ready to head back to BYU.

Everyone has gone.  We got out another puzzle to work on.  This one has 1000 pieces.  It's a mystery puzzle.  After it's done, we read a little booklet that comes with it, and we solve a mystery.  It's been a great vacation.  I hate to see it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment