It's that time of the year again! We are reading
Smashed Potatoes and Other Thanksgiving Disasters, in the evenings again. We've read that book together before Thanksgiving for a lot of years now. This blog is to show what goes on during the annual "reading of the book."
 |
| The dad is reading the book. A little while before we read, I had a glass of milk. You might know what that means. Anyway, right after I took the picture, the power of the milk kicked in loud and clear. The dad started laughing hysterically, and so Susan and I did, too. We had a hard time gaining composure. When he stopped laughing enough to read, the dad read the next line. "That was a sound she didn't want to hear." We laughed for another 5 minutes. Maybe you had to be there! |
 |
| Since I had the camera out anyway, I realized Amy probably hadn't seen the graduation pictures now that all the pictures are there! |
 |
| Susan should start to worry. This is what she has in store! |
 |
| En garde! |
 |
| This is a Christmas Cactus that I rescued from Wal-Mart after Christmas a few years ago. It was left to die, and I couldn't let that happen if I could help it. I stuck it in the extra bedroom for a couple of years, and it never thrived. In fact it just about gave up and died. I was just about to chuck it, when I decided to put it in the window in the green room to see if that would help. As we were reading, I noticed that not only has the plant started to grow again, but it has started to bloom! Can you see the two tiny flowers starting in the middle, and the flower up in the top left corner? It's adorable! |
Nope, the way you described that, I can totally picture how hilarious that was! I'm glad you're not ashamed to talk about that! I got a kick out of it!
ReplyDelete