Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Whole Lot More of Just Plain Ordinary!

 
 
I didn't do a blog post last week because all we had done was plain old ordinary stuff.  Amy said that's what she likes most to see... just plain ordinary life.  So that's what we have here this week is a whole lot of ordinary.  Ordinary is good.
 
Heather McMullin is one chocolate lovin' woman.  The past couple of years she's put together chocolate orders from Hershey's so folks can order chocolate in bulk.  This year, we bought 75 lbs. of Special Dark Chocolate chips.  We bought 25 lbs. at first, and then we found out she had 50 extra pounds, so we bought that, to.  They're really good chocolate chips!  Next time y-all are home, you might want to grab a few pounds of chocolate chips!  The dad has been saving plastic bottles for just such an occasion.  He's packed up the chips with oxygen absorbers.

I bought this cool leaf blower from an infomercial.  You can either use it as a blower, or you can suck the leaves up and the contraption mulches the leaves before they go in the bag.  I've bought a lot of dumb stuff from infomercials, but this one is a gem!

Dad and Susan made their very first pumpkin roll.  It was amazingly delicious!
The Hallmark Channel (starting at the beginning of November), has been playing sappy Christmas Movies round the clock.  I love sappy Christmas movies.  We've watched a bunch already!

While watching those sappy movies, I'm binding another quilt for Quilts of Valor.  I didn't make this one.  One lady cut out all the squares, one pieced the top, one did the machine quilting, and I'm doing the binding.  Our Quilt Club has done several this way.  I like binding duty the best, and no one else does.  We all do the parts we like best.

Nothin' like  fire in the fireplace when we're watching Christmas movies!

Here's some more ordinary.  Every weekend, it takes me about 3 hours to grade the weekly assessments and enter the grades.  A good old Christmas movie makes that job a whole lot more palatable.


Susan and I donated blood this week.  United Blood Services give points, now, for donating blood.  We cashed in our blood points and got movie passes.  Yesterday afternoon, we went to see Last Vegas.  It was hilarious!  It was worth spending blood points for.


1 comment:

  1. You may have seen my work's sappy Christmas movie, though I'm not sure if it's on TV. It's called The Carpenter's Miracle. I do know a guy from my parents' ward wrote the music for another movie too.

    ReplyDelete