Sunday, November 3, 2013

Alton Brown Live!

Clear last summer we got an e-mail from Popejoy Hall saying that Alton Brown was going to be doing a show in Albuquerque!  We called Brian and Chelsea to see if they wanted to go with us, and we bought tickets.  From the time we got the e-mail to the time we ordered tickets, the best tickets left were in the mezzanine.  (Maybe 10 minutes.)  They sold completely out in less than an hour.

It was a great show.  It was sort of a variety, comedy, stand-up , cooking show all in one.  It was great.  I went home from school sick that morning (with strep), went to the doctor and started on anti-biotics, and went to the show.  I was probably like Typhoid Mary spreading my strep germs around, but I'm still glad we went!

Here he is!
Before we went to the show, we ate dinner at Twisters.  My throat was so raw that all I ate was plain old French fries.

Here are Brian and Chelsea on the Park and Ride bus on the way to Popejoy.

Anticipation!

Chelsea got her picture taken with Alton!  

Alton took our picture and put it on Twitter.  We're famous!
It really was a fun show, and I would go to it again in a minute!  I just wish the rest of you were closer so you could have come, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment