Sunday, September 29, 2013

It's Autumn Time!

Autumn has arrived, not only on the calendar, but in Gallup!  I love autumn!  I think it just may be my favorite season of  the year.  Spring is a close second, but in spring around here, there's usually a lot of wind.  I'm just plain not into wind.

Here we are getting the hoop house up.  We put it up last spring, but the wind blew the living daylights out of it.  From now on, we're just going to use it in the fall.

Our fist potatoes!  In fact, these are the biggest ones we've ever grown!  (They were tasty and delicious, I might add.)

We used oat hay to cover over our potatoes this year.  We are trying a no-till method of growing them this year.  Dad heard about it through the guy that is the head of the Community Pantry.  They have great gardens there, so we wanted to try it.  Anyway, some of the oat seed left in the hay sprouted...


...so we have "amber waves of grain."  I have been getting a major kick out of that this year!

Look at this!  I've been teaching for twelve years now, and I finally got my first EZ grader!

Dad is loading up the firewood!

We went to the Second Annual Chile Fest at the Rio West Mall.  It was pretty fun.  We got to taste several different vendors' red chile, green chile, and salsa.  Then we got to vote.  We haven't heard the results yet.  We had a parent of a kid that used to be in my class take a picture of the three of us together, but apparently she is not a very good picture taker.  Notice this is the only picture from the Chile Fest.

Susan "cutting a rug."

Susan and Dad dancing the two-step!


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea what "cutting a rug" meant. I only knew that Sebastian sings it in "Under the Sea." Now I know!

    ReplyDelete