Sunday, September 22, 2013

Life is Good!

Another week has come and gone--actually, it more like flew by! School, work and church have kept us all pretty busy.  But even so, life is good, and I'm grateful for each new day, which is a new adventure.

Here is dad at the Family History Center.  We are helping our very first ward member in our new Family History callings!


 
Here we are in our Game Day Beards for the BYU v. U of U game!

So...  I am working on a new Mystery Quilt from the Quilter's World facebook weekly post.  There was a lot to do this week, so I decided I really needed to get down to business if I was going to get it done before the next post comes out on Tuesday.  I had to draw lines from corner to corner on 420 squares.  Then I needed to sew them along that line to a rectangle.  Well, I didn't read the directions correctly, and I sewed 1/4" away from that line.  I didn't need to pick it out, because that particular seam is going to get trimmed off, but I needed to resew each and every one of those squares anyway.  Well, I did, but I did the whole cotton-pickin' thing without any thread in the machine.  I'm definitely not going to have it done by Tuesday.

The broccoli is really doing well this year.  I think we finally figured out how to keep it picked!  We just needed to stop expecting it to look like grocery store broccoli.

We got about 10 apples from one of the colonades this year.  That's our entire crop!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I also get so mad at myself when the bobbin runs out and I don't notice! So frustrating! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete