Sunday, August 18, 2013

First Week of School for the Mom!

Well, the kids have been back in school a week now.  The first week is always the hardest.  The next two weeks will be pretty rough, too, if past history holds true yet again.  I think I can make it.  I think I can.  I think I can.   I think I can.

Here's my room this year.  I got new red chairs!  My old chairs had a kind of legs that made it awfully easy for the kids to rock back on their chairs. 

I had Mrs. Ferguson take this picture after an especially hard day.  The picture is for the kids to put in their scrapbooks.  That glazed look in my eyes says it all.

We grew this baby from a seed!

I don't know why this tickles me so much.  We put some leftover oat straw around the base of some of the plants, and this little oat plant grew.  It looks like real grain you see in pictures.  Oh, wait!  It is real grain!

We didn't even know these two peppers were there until yesterday.  They stayed hidden.  Get a load of the size of those babies!

I got one of my reward cards all filled up at the fabric store, so I got $20 of free fabric.  I took Susan with me, and she chose some Avengers fabric.  She's going to make pajama bottoms with it!  (It's amazing what I will do to get that girl to sew!)

Do you see Hawkeye?  There were three different Avengers prints, but this is the only one that had Hawkeye.

Suzu finished her quilt top that she's been working on this summer.  Now we need to pin it so she can start quilting!

1 comment: