Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Little Bit of This Week!

I spent most of this week at school.  I didn't put in any pictures of that at all.  I never took my camera.  My room is all set up.  Monday morning, the kids show up.  I always get really nervous the night before school starts.  So far, so good.  No big nerves.

This is the last week that Heather and I can walk together in the mornings.  Starting next week, we switch to lunch time walks.

We have some kohlrabi ready to pick!

Susan put highlights in my hair for back-to-school time.  She still hates doing it.

Is that not the most beautiful bunch of grapes you've ever seen?  They tasted even better.

We have three more bunches on the vine, but they're not as big as this one.

Ta da!

Saturday morning we rode our bikes down to Alicias for breakfast.  We do that every few weeks or so.

Alicia's has the best chips I think I've ever tasted.  Their green chile is delicious!

We went to the little health food store co-op on Coal to get some raw vinegar.  They actually had milk in the returnable bottles--the unhomoginized kid that has cream on top!  I bought some for the bottle.

Dad wants to try making his own vinegar.



This is a pan of tomatoes, green beans and one squash.  We think someone has been pilfering our summer squash.  It seems that every time we have one just about ready to pick, it mysteriously disappears.  We picked this one a little early so we could eat it before someone or something else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment