Monday, April 15, 2013

The First Part of our Utah Adventure!

So, we took off for Utah on Tuesday after the dad got home from work.  The weather was not delightful.

We woke up on Tuesday morning to snow.  This is a picture right before we left.  I should have take the picture earlier in the day.  The snow was gorgeous.  It melted pretty quickly, though.

The first day we went as far as Monticello that first night.  We went to a session at the Monticello temple.

We stopped in Payson to see progress on the Payson temple.

Susan getting a glimpse of  Brigham Young's story book.

We hiked to the top of Ensign Peak!

We made it to the top!  The hike was one mile up, and it was quite steep.  The hike down was a breeze!

If it looks like I was about to die, I was.

A view of SLC from the top of Ensign Peak.



We took in a Utah Bees game while we were there.


It was Susan's first Ball Park game!  Maybe it was her first game.

 


A Bees player hit an grand slam while we were at the game.  Some guy that was sitting near us told us that if we took our tickets to Denny's within a week of the game, we would get a free Grand Slam breakfast.  Denny's is notoriously slow at service.  So before we ordered, we asked it it was true about the free Grand Slam breakfast.  It was.  Then I told the waitress that every Denny's we've ever been to has had horribly slow service, and we asked how the service was at that Denny's.  The waitress told us, "Come on."  She saw it as a challenge, and we had wonderful service.  However, as we were leaving, we saw a guy waiting to be seated who was waiting to be seated when we went in.  I think our challenge helped!

1 comment:

  1. Susan's first baseball game??!! Well, I can't say much... I've only been to one - the Giants vs. the A's. Looks like a very fun week!

    ReplyDelete