Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I'm 52 now!  Happy Birthday to me!  I hoped and figured I would get a birthday call from my sister and my boys.  I did!  I had expected a nice, quiet birthday here at home eating pizza and watching "Once Upon a Time."  That was partly right.  This year Susan arranged a wonderful birthday surprise for me.

When I got home from school on Friday, she had gotten home a little before me, and she started decorating for my birthday party.  It looked great!

The family room looked festive!  We had streamers clear across the family room!
The dad got home, and he started making delicious pizzas for dinner, and Susan made salad andwhipped topping for my cake.  (I didn't have to help at all.  I just sat and read my book!)  A little before dinner, the doorbell rang, and who do you think showed up for the party!

I was so excited that they came to surprise me that I forgot to take a picture!  This is a stock photo!
It was a great party!  We sat around and ate pizza, and we watched "Princess Bride" instead of "Once Upon a Time."

Blowing out the candles!
Daddy got me just what I wanted for my birthday this year!  He got me a chain saw on a 9 foot pole for pruning trees.  I wanted it so that he wouldn't teeter off of ladders and trees and kill himself pruning the trees.  It's a great gift, but he and Brian (mostly Brian) still teetered off of ladders and climbed trees, and nearly killed themselves.  The trees look great, and the best part is that the pruning is all done for the year!  Hooray for Dad and Brian!









After the pruning, we did have time to play games, etc., and I was able to talk Brian and Chelsea into staying one more night.   Because they have the 1:00 church, the could still leave in the morning and make it to church in time.  (They did skip Bishopric meeting and Ward Council, though.)

Then Dad and Brian put together a seed starting heating mat so we can start a few seedlings inside for our garden this year. I hope it works well.  We're going to start seedlings in a couple of weeks, I
think.

Dad found the directions for making one of these on DIY.com.

Walaa!  It works!
It was a great birthday weekend!

1 comment: