So on the day after Christmas, as I was looking at the crowded, messy pantry, I asked the dad if some day when he had some time if he could put shelves between the bigger shelves in the pantry so we wouldn't have to teeter and balance stuff on top of other stuff in order to cram it all in.
Needless to say, later that afternoon, the brackets and racks were up, and the next morning, he cut the shelves and installed them. Now our pantry looks great! Things aren't stacked and teetering two or three high just ready to drop on the floor!
 |
| Is that not gorgeous! We got the pantry floor mostly cleaned off, too. The price of milk is supposed to skyrocket to as much as eight dollars a gallon this year. We ordered a bunch of powdered milk from Thrive just in case. Several folks say it tastes very much like regular milk when its chilled. If milk goes up that high, we'll be prepared. There's now room on the pantry floor for several of the buckets of milk we ordered. |
 |
| Afterwards we went to see Les Miserables. It is every bit as good as I had heard. We all sobbed. I want to go see it again, but we'll wait for the dvd this time. (Amy, I was telling Dad that I didn't think that the balloon ride would make you homesick, but going to Les Misrables just might.) |
That's scary about the milk, but Steve just looked it up and said it won't go up because of some fiscal cliff deal involving extending a farm bill... dunno what it means, but Google would know. Something about food stamps, farm subsidies, and other help for rural areas. More government subsidies for farmers.
ReplyDelete