Sunday, November 11, 2012

This Past Week

We had a super-busy week this past week, and for the life of me, I can't really figure out why.  Well, I guess getting ready for Super Saturday, the Ward Thanksgiving Feast, school, work... Never mind.  I can figure it out after all.

Here are a pictures of a few highlights:

Susan was officially inducted into Key Club this week.  Key Club is a service organization that is the high school arm of Kiwanis Club.

Now TWO of our new hens are laying.  Stink and Puff are real hens now.  We just need to get the three Americanas to start laying.  Those slackers!

The dad has been saving every plastic juice bottle that has passed through our door for the past two or three years just waiting for the golden opportunity to store stuff in them.  A friend of ours put a bulk chocolate order into Hershey's, and we bought 50 pounds of dark chocolate  chips.  (Any guesses who that friend is?  You shouldn't have to think too hard. )
When I don't add all the pictures to this blog at the same time, the pictures seem to come in wherever they doggone well want to come in.  I have tried a jillion times to put this one AFTER the next picture of your dad, but it just won't go.  Pretend that it is at the end.  These are gourds and pumpkins that we grew in our garden this year.  Every last one of them is a volunteer.  We used them as table decorations at the Ward Thanksgiving Dinner last Friday.  They looked pretty cute!  I doubt they're edible, so I'm glad they were used for something other than just sitting on the front pourch looking particularly autumny.


We bought a 25 pound bag of oat groats while we were in Mesa.  It all fit nicely into Dad's plastic bottles.










 


No comments:

Post a Comment