Saturday, August 11, 2012

This week.

These are the grape vines we bought to decorate for Brian's and Chelsea's reception.  Afterwards, we planted them in the backyard, and then they were a backdrop, so to speak,  for Steve's and Angela's reception. This is the first year they've had grapes!  They were delicious!

You know how I'm a pushover for a good infomercial.  Well, I bought these taco bowl makers from an informercial, and they're great!  They're easy to use, and the bowls are baked...not fried!

We got the dad a solar oven for his birthday.  Sadly, we had a whole week of clouds that week, but it was sunny and nice today, so we started using it.  For our first delicious dish, we made Chicken Divan.  It worked really well.  We didn't have to heat up the house at all!  It takes somewhat longer than the oven, but that's okay!  We had plenty of time.

It's in the oven and ready to cook!

The finished Chicken Divan.  It was really good.

After the Chickden Divan was done, we made an apple crisp.  Our apple trees are loaded.  We'll be making apple crisps like crazy the next little while.  We started the dehydrator going making dried apple slices.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad the grapes were tasty! Great way to spend money on a reception, I think. And I'm glad the solar oven worked! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete