The last time I ordered frozen berries from Bithell Farms (through the Methodist Church), I ordered some lobster tails on a whim. I'm not exactly sure why I had that particular whim, but I did, and they have been in the freezer awhile. So Sunday was the big day. We cooked up the lobster tails, and they were delicious! However, three days later the house still smells like fish. We've cleaned out the garbage can, sprayed disinfectant spray... And we're still smelling it now. It was definitely a one-time adventure!
| Alton Brown said that lobsters are actually just big "bugs." That sure didn't help my squeemishness at cooking them. |
| Although they really were tasty, in case you wanted to know... One can live a full, rich life without ever cooking or eating lobster tails! |
I've spent the past week or so getting ready to teach a quilted tote bag class at church. A few women have asked me to show them how to do tote bags like the one I take to church. So for an extra Relief Society Meeting (I miss calling them homemaking meetings), we're doing that this week. In order to save time so the women could actually finish a bag and take it home, I cut the fabric out in kits. I figured we'd need about 10 kits or so... We wound up needing nearly 30. (That is the number of women who have paid for their kits. The deadline to pay was Sunday.) I went ahead and cut out kits for the four women who haven't yet paid, just in case they show up. So, girls in the family, if those women don't pay for kits and show up, I'll be sending them your ways. The only reason I even made kits for the women who didn't pay on time is because I knew I had an outlet for the extra kits.
Neeless to say, cutting them out, writing up the instructions, and packing the stuff into kits has taken all my extra minutes this week. But everything is now ready to go... I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment