Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Mystery Quilt Top is Finished!

I started a Mystery Quilt back in October or November, and I finally finished the top tonight.  Quilter's World Magazine did a Mystery Quilt pattern on Facebook.  Every week for six or seven weeks, a new set of instructions was posted on Facebook.  I got the center portion finished back when the instructions were posted, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the borders.  When Amy was home at Christmas time, she suggested I use some of the scraps I had used in the quilt to make a piano keys border.  Well, I did, and here it is!



Now I just need to decide whether I am going to hand quilt it, or machine quilt it.  Tomorrow I think I'll stretch and pin it.  After that I'll decide how I want to quilt it.

3 comments:

  1. The piano keys border looks wonderful. It is still one of my favorite quilts you have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy! I like the piano keys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! By the way, I used the pillowcases you made us as a pattern for making ones to match another quilt we have. Yours are very professional-looking and have inspired me to do a better job and use batting next time... :P

    ReplyDelete